Introduction and Rationale:
Entrepreneurship in healthcare is becoming increasingly significant and popular. Entrepreneurship in the health sector is not a new phenomenon; however, the socio-economic and cultural changes have provided greater space for new entrepreneurs to introduce creative and innovative initiatives.
There are a number of variables extending the scope of healthcare businesses. These may include; transformations in market economy and trends, structural and strategic changes in health sector, increasing demand for universal access to quality and high tech services, challenges of organizational economies and resources limitations, and escalating influences of political forces. The modern technologies, new inventions, emerging sectorial developments and advancement of professional knowledge are also generating new kind of thought process, innovative ideas and paradigms, and pioneering practices by healthcare entrepreneurs.
In addition to above, the mounting dissatisfaction of health professionals with their remunerations, changes in the healthcare needs of the consumers and diverse professional reasons, have caused increased trend among the healthcare personnel to become entrepreneurs. With that backdrop, the 21st century have brought a number of exciting opportunities. It is evidenced that the private sector can afford to provide high tech services which are not yet introduced by the public sector or are often unavailable in traditional clinical settings. Rising trends of integration of ‘Information Technology’ and ‘Artificial Intelligence’ have enhanced the value and scope of contemporary entrepreneurial healthcare in public and private sectors. In all cases, quality-enhancing and patient-pleasing amenities are an integral part of their business model.
The healthcare industry is now a ‘welcome market’, open to new ideas and technologies. The increasing value of this emerging market is attracting greater number of experienced entrepreneurs and investors. It seems essential that such inspiring healthcare entrepreneurs become well-acquainted with the new entrepreneurship perspectives and attain sufficient information about the related opportunities and trends.
It is also a fact that the traditional education in medical and nursing institutions does not have component of entrepreneurship education or establishing and running a company. Many researchers have marked that a lack of relevant competencies is a major barrier for healthcare professionals to become entrepreneurs. This indicates a dire need that they are provided with necessary awareness, education and skill mix regarding contemporary healthcare entrepreneurship.
Target Audience :
This state of the art course is designed considering the needs of following audience groups:
- Healthcare professionals, such as hospital managers, supervisors, officers, clinicians, physicians, nurses, paramedics, allied health professionals and others.
- Business community and qualified MBAs / BBAs
- Fresh graduates and senior students of medical, nursing, paramedical and allied health professions in addition to those of business administration, whom wish to establish their own or partner healthcare entrepreneur settings as their career choice.
Learning Objectives :
The aims and objectives of entrepreneurship education include:
- Enhancing the knowledge base of participants to understand the concepts and phenomenon of innovation and entrepreneurship with a focus on health sector
- Providing information on the diverse opportunities and options of healthcare entrepreneurship with the global perspectives.
- Educating on the relevant knowledge, skills and competences for becoming a successful healthcare entrepreneur (establishing a new start-up company or managing an existing firm).
Projected Outcomes :
The specific outcomes include:
- The participants have full understanding about the healthcare entrepreneurship and its fundaments
- The participants are well aware about the available opportunities in the health care business market
- The participants attain the knowledge and competency to design and operate healthcare entrepreneurship
Course Outlines :
|Briefing on the course rationale,
its objectives, contents
and study process
|Healthcare innovation and
entrepreneurship – conceptual
framework and phenomenon
|diverse opportunities, options
and practices of healthcare
entrepreneurship with the global
|Knowledge, skills and competences
for becoming a successful
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!